Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: openSUSE Tumbleweed package management problem
On 03/10/2014 05:44 AM, Stephan Kulow pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On 09.03.2014 20:56, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:

The problem is the unnecessary build that takes place which then
requires unnecessary download and install. If there is no change in
package it does not require a rebuild. Just because one KDE package
changes does not mean 100% of the KDE packages need rebuild. And, why
the hell does a KDE update require a rebuild of the kernel? Are the
kernel devs now employing code from the KDE devs?

That's all we're saying. :-)

But that's how OBS repos work - if you don't want daily updates, then
don't call zypper dup daily.

OK. Does packman use the OBS? If so how do they keep from triggering a rebuild of every package in their repos which would require a reinstall of all of their installed packages?

By the way I subscribe to the factory list so I do not appreciate
private replies in addition to the list mail!

Google for gratitude.

Oh I am quite grateful for all of work done. It has nothing to do with keeping replies to the list.

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette#Personal_and_mail_list_answers

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998