Re: [opensuse-factory] Release lifetime
On Friday 07 March 2014, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 01:34:28AM +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-03-07 01:15, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 09:48:55PM +0100, Carlos E. R. wrote:

We could just enhance the above message that was printed already?

There is a message now when people try to update 12.2?

I don't know if I have a 12.2 system to try it out.

That one:
Warning: Repository 'openSUSE-12.2-Update' appears to be
outdated. Consider using a different mirror or server.

Could perhaps read:
Warning: Repository 'openSUSE-12.2-Update' appears to be
outdated. Check if this distribution or repository is still
maintained, and if yes, consider using a different mirror or server.

Please before you "improve" these warnings, consider a way how to
disable them. For example I get these warnings every day on all our
machines because we are using Evergreen-11.4.
13.1 will also get Evergreen support. So would be nice to get it fixed
during 13.1 lifetime.

Actually the warning is wrong. openSUSE-12.2-Update repo IS NOT
outdated. It's the latest up-to-date mirror. The fact that it will not
be updated anymore is a different thing.

cu,
Rudi