Re: [opensuse-factory] bluetooth audio performance
Am 25.02.2014 00:21, schrieb Alejandro Bonilla:
Hi there,

I got a few bluetooth speakers that behave very well but not when the
source is my laptop. I'm inclined to think there is either a power
management issue or a degradation? of the bluetooth signal after
several minutes (10-15). for which I need to go into the Control
Panel, disable Bluetooth, set it back on and off it goes well.

What 'Control Panel'? I'm using bluetoothctl, but after pairing the
headset, I had no job for it anymore.

While
misbehaving, the audio is cutting off and is pretty behind to my
play/pause actions.

I just tried this and it works fine for me (listening to my google play
music collection via chromium for 22 minutes right now)

Is there some performance tuning that could be done to fix this?

Broadcom Corp. BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 [ThinkPad]

Broadcom Corp. BCM2045B (BDC-2.1) [Bluetooth Controller]

Chrome is using the pulseaudio alsa plugin as wrapper, my A2DP receiver
is a SonyEricsson MW600

I don't see much help with btusb
vermagic: 3.11.10-7-desktop SMP preempt mod_unload modversions
parm: ignore_dga:Ignore devices with id 08fd:0001 (bool)
parm: ignore_csr:Ignore devices with id 0a12:0001 (bool)
parm: ignore_sniffer:Ignore devices with id 0a12:0002 (bool)
parm: disable_scofix:Disable fixup of wrong SCO buffer size (bool)
parm: force_scofix:Force fixup of wrong SCO buffers size (bool)
parm: reset:Send HCI reset command on initialization (bool)

and bluetooth
parm: disable_esco:Disable eSCO connection creation (bool)
parm: disable_ertm:Disable enhanced retransmission mode (bool)
parm: enable_hs:Enable High Speed support (bool)

I wonder if anyone else is having a similar problem and if any of
these were any good?

I don't think it is a kernel issue. What bluez and pulseaudio version
are you using?

bluez-5.15
pulseaudio-4.99

works well here.

Can you use a different BT dongle for testing? This would rule out
issues with your particular device (or, if you use an old dongle, rule
out buetooth 4.0 specifics)
--
Stefan Seyfried