Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-project] Maintainers wanted for Dracut and Plymouth
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 13:56:51 +0100
Vincent Untz wrote:
Le mardi 04 février 2014, à 11:13 +0100, Ludwig Nussel a écrit :
Frederic Crozat wrote:
And it can display a non frightening UI to request
passphrase for encrypted disk.

It could but it doesn't in 13.1 because it's broken. So plymouth gets
disabled if root is encrypted and the initrd prompts in text mode.

FWIW, I'm using an encrypted /home partition (not root), and things work
fine with plymouth. And I feel it'd be a regression to go back to asking
the passphrase in a console.

Yes, it works during normal boot *usually*. I got at least one report
where the password prompt didn't work during boot. I couldn't reproduce
it though. In initrd it was pretty much 100% reproducible though, so for
encrypted root plymouth is disabled in 13.1.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel