Re: [opensuse-factory] wicked: How to override MAC address?
Am 26.01.2014 15:01, schrieb Andreas Färber:
Hi,

On one of my ARM boards the MAC address gets initialized randomly on
power-up. On Android that's band-aided by running a shell script with
the netcfg equivalent of:

ip link set enp1s0 down
ip link set enp1s0 address 00:...
ip link set enp1s0 up

http://mydragonboard.org/2013/updating-ifc6410-software/

Older openSUSE posts advertised using LLADDR='00:...' in ifcfg-*, but
for 13.1 that caused network.service (well, network@enp1s0.service) to
timeout and in Factory wicked seems to simply ignore that option. Is
that a bug?

Yes, it is a bug. I'm working on a fix to make LLADDR work again.

Gruesse / Regards,
Marius Tomaschewski <mt@xxxxxxx>, <mt@xxxxxxxx>
--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg),
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,