Re: [opensuse-factory] Email trailer [Was: wicked wicked]

Quoting "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On 2014-01-29 11:13, Jan Matejka wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 10:40:55 +0100
"Dr. Werner Fink" <> wrote:

Hi Jan,

I'd like to know why you Mail User Agent is using CR+NL

Some default I guess, I don't see it configurable.

IIRC, that's the defined standard. Some RFC document.

RFC 2822, specifically:

"""
Note: This standard specifies that messages are made up of characters
in the US-ASCII range of 1 through 127. There are other documents,
specifically the MIME document series [RFC2045, RFC2046, RFC2047,
RFC2048, RFC2049], that extend this standard to allow for values
outside of that range. Discussion of those mechanisms is not within
the scope of this standard.

Messages are divided into lines of characters. A line is a series of
characters that is delimited with the two characters carriage-return
and line-feed; that is, the carriage return (CR) character (ASCII
value 13) followed immediately by the line feed (LF) character (ASCII
value 10). (The carriage-return/line-feed pair is usually written in
this document as "CRLF".)

A message consists of header fields (collectively called "the header
of the message") followed, optionally, by a body. The header is a
sequence of lines of characters with special syntax as defined in
this standard. The body is simply a sequence of characters that
follows the header and is separated from the header by an empty line
(i.e., a line with nothing preceding the CRLF).
"""