Re: [opensuse-factory] rc* symlinks and systemd
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 10:12:55 +0100
Robert Schweikert wrote:
On 01/29/2014 07:48 AM, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
openSUSE has a packing policy of requiring rc* symlinks for each
init script. So for e.g. /etc/init.d/foo there must be a symlink
/usb/sbin/rcfoo -> /etc/init.d/foo. There is an rpmlint check for this
policy (suse-missing-rclink).
[...]
I don't care much for this "feature" but will certainly introduce the
symlinks for my packages where appropriate if that's the direction
we're going.

While you are at it, maybe you want to create a macro that people can just use

%{createRCLinks} foo bar twix

And the symlinks are magically created for the packager.

Interesting idea. I'll keep that in mind.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel