Re: [opensuse-factory] Fwd: Re: [opensuse-packaging] exfat-nofuse in factory or at least consolidated in filesystem
Am 29.01.2014 19:08, schrieb Greg KH:
On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 08:29:49AM +0100, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
I just packaged those because I was under the impression that exfat
would be a good filesystem for external storage portable across OSs
(Hint: it is not), so I'm not really using it anymmore.

Why do you feel it isn't a good filesystem for cros-os storage?

* It's very fragile if media is ejected while writing is not finished
(as "just happens" with USB media, SD cards etc)
* Not many Consumer electronics devices actually support it, actually I
have more devices that can read NTFS than exFAT
* the various implementations seem to have lots of bugs. In practice,
it does not work too well and there are lots of strange issues.

Executive summaries: I have reverted to NTFS for portable storage if I
potentially need to access it from Windows.
All my consumer electronics embedded devices (Television, Media players
etc) work just fine with ext3 or XFS ;-)
--
Stefan Seyfried