Re: [opensuse-factory] Fwd: Re: [opensuse-packaging] exfat-nofuse in factory or at least consolidated in filesystem
On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 08:29:49AM +0100, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Damn crossposting, and then to the wrong list first... :-)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-packaging] exfat-nofuse in factory or at least
consolidated in filesystem
Datum: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 08:27:54 +0100
Von: Stefan Seyfried <stefan.seyfried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-packaging@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Bruno,

Am 27.01.2014 22:25, schrieb Bruno Friedmann:
For the shake, it would be wonderful to synchronize the different offer we
have on obs about exfat.

For example have the best of dkms alternative available here
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:aevseev/exfat-nofuse-dkms
or native
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:Akoellh:Kernelmodules/exfat-nofuse

and the fuse exfat-utils

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:seife:testing/exfat-utils
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:seife:testing/fuse-exfat

I just packaged those because I was under the impression that exfat
would be a good filesystem for external storage portable across OSs
(Hint: it is not), so I'm not really using it anymmore.

Why do you feel it isn't a good filesystem for cros-os storage?

curious,

greg k-h