[opensuse-factory] wicked: How to override MAC address?
Hi,

On one of my ARM boards the MAC address gets initialized randomly on
power-up. On Android that's band-aided by running a shell script with
the netcfg equivalent of:

ip link set enp1s0 down
ip link set enp1s0 address 00:...
ip link set enp1s0 up

http://mydragonboard.org/2013/updating-ifc6410-software/

Older openSUSE posts advertised using LLADDR='00:...' in ifcfg-*, but
for 13.1 that caused network.service (well, network@enp1s0.service) to
timeout and in Factory wicked seems to simply ignore that option. Is
that a bug?

How to set the MAC address each boot before DHCP potentially sends out
traffic from the wrong address? Should I write a custom .service with
the above working commands and somehow intertwine that with
network@.service? Or use ifup.d and somehow limit it to enp1s0? Any
other place to easily set such an option?

Thanks,
Andreas