Re: [opensuse-factory] wicked wicked
В Fri, 24 Jan 2014 13:59:00 -0500
Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

On 2014-01-24 22:15 (GMT+0400) Andrey Borzenkov composed:

÷ Thu, 23 Jan 2014 20:51:16 -0500 Felix Miata composed:

Yesterday I installed fresh. Result was too much screwed up to make sense
of
it all.

I just installed fresh. The problem was, that no ifcfg-* was created.
After I used yast to configure interface everything run just fine. And
(comparing with NetworkManager) wicked did not try to undo manual
configuration with ifconfig or even dhcpcd.

I tried zypper rm wicked,

You expected it will magically create configuration for interface?

You mean /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0?

I mean /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-<interface-name>. Interface names
are not necessary ethX today.

The problem was that yast did not create interface configuration file.

Which file did it not create? network@eth0.service?

/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-ens3 in my case. How is it called in your
case I do not know.