Re: [opensuse-factory] O Factory - Where art Thou?
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 07:44:08 +0100
Am 29.11.2013 22:42, schrieb Robert Kaiser:

The merging of things is at the moment exactly our problem. A gcc update
is not a patch you can take in and out, so you have to be *really*
careful and try somewhere else. But from what I understand,
our goal is not that far away.

I think that what would fit my description best would be to run
compilation and tests for any dependencies of any package (or set of
packages) that is to be pulled into Factory and only do make this
"merge" effective when those succeed. I guess for many packages that
would hopefully be a small set that needs to be run, on things like gcc
it could be huge, of course. The question is then if the infrastructure
is able to deal with that load - otherwise, I guess some compromise is
needed.

This is basically what Josef describes too. We'll have to try

Greetings, Stephan