On Saturday 09 November 2013 14:48:01 Stefan Seyfried wrote:

Does Microsoft supply Acrobat Reader to it's user base? The obvious
answer is no, so how do the MS users get it installed on their PC's?
They install it on their own. Just be thankful the openSUSE has been
providing it via a repo for a number of years.

There is a difference. openSUSE provides all the software as part of the
distribution, like firefox, libreoffice, gimp...

All the mentioned software that we provide is open source. Adobe crap is
not.

We should just drop all non-free stuff finally, to make it explicitly
clear that something like this bikeshedding thread will not happen again.

And again, all this has nothing to do with the topics of
opensuse-factory as it is completely non-technical.

I know no open source PDF reader that supports subpixel hinting. I would say,
write one first, then delete the non-free one. :-(