Re: [opensuse-factory] Thunderbird and Firefox not working, Dolphin and stopping via KDE-menu very slow
On 2013-11-09 08:41 (GMT+0100) Jogchum Reitsma composed:

Hmm - how about getting no reaction at all? For me, this bug is a
showstopper. Thunderbird and Firefox are completely unusable, Dolphin
and more almost unusable because of their slowness.

Have you tried booting the old kernel stanza to see if it makes a difference? None of my systems have slowed down by upgrading beyond RC1, but I've only done mine via zypper dup, and have only ever opened Dolphin once, and not on one of my own systems. Maybe what's wrong is hardware is failing. Have you tried reseating RAM, running memtest, checking for bad caps[1], or anything else hardware related?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/