  • From: Tomáš Chvátal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 15:09:50 +0100
Dne Pá 8. listopadu 2013 14:37:19, Carlos E. R. napsal(a):
On Friday, 2013-11-08 at 11:43 +0100, Michal Hrusecky wrote:
as said few times in thread already, Acrobat is not coming back, can we
stop this flame now? Or take it to Adobe ;-)

Wasn't this a community? Or is it a dictatorship? :-?

--
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Carlos,

this is definitely community driven technical channel. But as I say it is
technical one, you are not supposed to start vote about

You are supposed to use this list for these tasks:

1) announce major changes in components (yast move to ruby, etc)
2) query about technical issues you are uncertain of (if they are relevant for
whole distro not just for some part, where you should ask the team there
directly)
3) discussion about technical proposals (eg change of process how to store
spec files)

I don't see your complaining about acroread being up par at all, you are
actually just wasting time of numerous people that have to go over your mails
to get to the relevant ones.

There were few quite constructive in the whole thread, proposal of mupdf and
some testing with wine/etc. which should be afterwards moved to wiki and no
longer be discussed here.

So please take your time to think of your actions and realise we have to read
this in order to be able to react to relevant mails.

I know coolo gave up on this list and just blatanly ignores some people, but I
honestly think we should have less chit-chat like this around and more up-par
list where people could subscribe to see only the problems of importance.

Cheers

Tom