Am 08.11.2013 10:57, schrieb Johannes Meixner:

Hello,

On Nov 8 10:50 John Layt wrote (excerpt):
It's a key problem that needs investment

Investment needs money and money comes from customers who pay
so that the crucial question is whether or not customers who pay
are interested in a free software solution for PDF processing or
if the Adobe Reader as provided by Adobe for free (for no money)
is sufficient for customers who pay.

as Adobe stopped providing the Reader for Linux, commercial
distributions have the same issue (same as free ones used for commercial
purposes). Linux Desktops (not much) are in use in public service
environments worldwide and in case SUSE will provide a SLED12 (no idea
if that's the case) I see improvements coming at some point.

So there is hope I think but it will take some time probably and that
may be a pain for some people relying on it but still the software is
still available on the planet. Everyone is still free to install it.

BTW, we will face a very similar situation with Flash soon and it'll be
much more of a pain until alternatives are ready and polished enough.

Wolfgang