  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 02:46:26 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2013-11-07 at 18:01 -0500, Joschi Brauchle wrote:

Reasons:
1) Official Adobe RPM (suggested as a workaround) does not work flawlessly on openSUSE. The openSUSE RPM has specific modifications to work around problems of Adobe Reader in openSUSE (eg. suse-do-not-grab-server.so and many others). Hence the official RPM is not equivalent for users.

Oh. :-(

2) Much bigger point not mentioned before: PRINTING!!

True. Often I tell acroread to print to ps file, and then I manipulate that ps for printing. The fit to page feature is nice.

So, how about providing openSUSE customized Acrobat RPM on packman repos?

That would be a solution. If they wish... :-?

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.