Re: [opensuse-factory] mdadm being very persistent
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 11:14:37 +0100
Felix Miata wrote:

On 2013-11-07 09:18 (GMT+0100) Per Jessen composed:

I guess mdadm is a pretty critical component :-), but do I really
need to rename the binary to prevent it being started?

Maybe blacklist it out of initrd to keep it from loading. Locking it
out should allow use of a RAID mirror disk as a regular disk, in case
you ever need that. :-p

It's not in the initrd, it's simply part of the system that was
installed.

If mkinitrd made your initrd you might try a switch to dracut, which I
hear defaults to a hostonly option that leaves unneeded components
out.

Not related here, but dracut doesn't default to hostonly, and it doesn't
seem to support network booting and iscsi.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (15.2°C)