Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Testing many small file write on several filesystems
On 11/5/2013 7:44 PM, Claudio Freire wrote:
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM, Linda Walsh <suse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
No -- I assert that HTML is markup on text -- it isn't scripting -- but
it does the same thing that some reader do automatically.

That's oh-so-naive

----
Could you elaborate. I'm talking HTML with no includes and no scriptsโ€ฆ
i.e. the complete source in the text.

I'll ask you the same โ€” can you give any record of an exploit in such?

Or are you talking theory? Note that anyone looking at this text is
looking at it through an interpreter (unless they are looking at it
on an old fashion serial terminal (๐‘‘๐‘œ ๐‘ก๐˜ฉ๐‘’๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘’๐‘ฅ๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘กโ”) with a character
generator in hardware. But most people use a GUI interpreter, even if
they "ssh" into their machine, the window they use is still a local
GUI.

If you can't admit that what you call plain text is an interpretive
display, then I'll take your naรฏve and raise it 1ยน.

ยน โ€“ BTW, if some chars โœฑdidn'tโœฑ look strange, you have
some that new UTF-8 interpretation going on in your โ€œplain-textโ€
reader.