Re: [opensuse-factory] Requesting people to test RC1 of RC2 or whatever
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 20:43:58 +0100
Jos Poortvliet wrote:

On Sunday 03 November 2013 17:04:09 Basil Chupin wrote:
A general question, and a whinge, about being asked to test a release
of something like RC2 of oS.

When such a request is made, what exactly is being asked of the user?

I worked hard to try and answer that question:
http://news.opensuse.org/?p=16783

If that article is not helpful to you, please tell me how I can
improve it.

I would be more careful with things like this:

a) find if it is really a bug (can be reproduced)

Just because something cannot be (easily) reproduced, does not mean it
isn't a bug. It is easier to debug/diagnose if it is reproducable,
that's all. I have seen bugreports closed as WORKSFORME just because
somebody could not reproduce the issue.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.6°C)