Re: [opensuse-factory] journalctl very slow
  • From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 23:07:10 -0200
On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@xxxxxx> wrote:
On Saturday 02 November 2013, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 02.11.2013 17:03, schrieb Greg KH:
Including the fact that most of us who have looked at it, can't
even duplicate the issue at all (myself included.)

Just try to use it on old (slow) rotating rust.
100% reproducible on all my 2.5" IDE HDDs here.

BTW my problem does not looked like HD speed issue. journalctl was
constantly on 100% CPU. So I assume that it couldn't handle more input
data in the same time (unless it's even more broken than thought).

Oh, about that, taking a look at perf-top could also give a hint.