Re: [opensuse-factory] journalctl very slow
On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 10:35:49PM +0100, Ruediger Meier wrote:
It works just fine for me here, on three other distros who have been
shipping it for a long time (Fedora and Arch and Gentoo).

Does Gentoo and Arch really force you to switch to systemd yet?

Arch switched a long time ago, and Gentoo makes you do it if you want to
run GNOME, which is fine with me.

If you
really hate this type of thing, and don't want progress, there's
always Slackware. As it is, openSUSE is already playing catch-up
with those distros, how far behind do you want to see us be?

I don't say something against shipping "progress" but against changing
well tested and stable defaults far to early.

Please define "early" in a way that is sufficient for everyone.

For example there was absolutely no need that upgrading from to 12.1 or
12.2 replaced sysvinit by systemd. There would have been enough
pro-active testers. No need to bother everybody.

How much "bother" was it really? And how would delaying cause that
"bother" to go away except to postpone it?

Anyway, that's not the issue here at all, we aren't going to rehash the
systemd issue anymore.

Again, if you don't like it, there are still distros out there without
systemd, feel free to use one of them if you like. I hear some people
like Ubuntu these days...

Best of luck,

greg k-h