Re: [opensuse-factory] journalctl very slow
Am 02.11.2013 17:03, schrieb Greg KH:

Including the fact that most of us who have looked at it, can't even
duplicate the issue at all (myself included.)

Just try to use it on old (slow) rotating rust.
100% reproducible on all my 2.5" IDE HDDs here.

If I were to guess, I'd vote it's just horribly fragmenting the files:
shake -vvv shows thousands of fragments, probably due to lots of holes
in the database files.

So, don't just wave it all away like this, it's a non-trivial problem
for a small number of systems that people are not ignoring...

The developers of core system software should be forced to use 10 year
old hardware to test their creation in daily use ;-)
--
Stefan Seyfried
"If your lighter runs out of fluid or flint and stops making