Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: journalctl very slow
* Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2013-11-02 05:32]:
El 02/11/13 00:25, Andrey Borzenkov escribió:

The question was "why it became default when it had obvious problems";
do not pretend you do not see the difference. It is not about
development of code, it is about selecting distribution default
behavior.

Ok, I just picked openSUSE 13.1 RC2 KDE Live and installed it on a
virtual machine

- rsyslog is installed by default.
- there is no systemd-logger installed, therefore no
/var/log/journal, therefore no persistent journal.

This is exactly like there was before, the default has not been
changed, nothing needs to be documented in the release notes. etc.

I do not know where people got this idea in the first place.

https://github.com/openSUSE/patterns/pull/58

--
Guido Berhoerster