Re: [opensuse-factory] Release Notes addenum for logging [Was Re: journalctl very slow]

On Friday 2013-11-01 17:57, Yamaban wrote:
On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 17:43, Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@...> wrote:

El 01/11/13 13:02, Ruediger Meier escribió:
On Friday 01 November 2013, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

How could this journald logging daemon got released and (used in
openSUSE per default) if it's not possible to view the logs at all?

The logs can be viewed, it is just slow with non-SSD drives.. it has to be
used by default because it is mandatory ! I have explained this I do not know
how many times.

Could we put a short info on that (journald slow with non-SSD drives) and
the "should have" package rsyslog or similar for server use into the
Release Notes, for the search term "logging" ?

Even with rsyslog, `systemctl status` searches the journal which can
take noticable time.