Re: [opensuse-factory] BtrFS as default fs?
On Thu 12 Sep 2013 09:26:34 AM EDT, Frederic Crozat wrote:
Le mardi 03 septembre 2013 à 16:41 +0200, Frederic Crozat a écrit :

So, I'd like to propose that we use btrfs as the default file system for
the 13.1 release before we release the first beta.

I support this !

And just some additional advertisement to btrfs / snapper, because it
saved my "Factory" day today:
- upgraded my Factory system to today Factory packages (was running
yesterday Factory)
- rebooted, got issues with Xorg (either not starting or no mouse cursor
visible under GNOME).
- there were a lot of packages updated, making it difficult to locate
which one was guilty
- and with Factory, if a package is broken, you either wait or try to
revert to snapshot, which isn't always easy
- in the end, I just reverted my system to the snapshot taking by
snapper right before the update, with "snapper undochanges
snapshot_number_before_update..snapshot_number_after_update"
- rebooted
- got back a working system

;)

+1