Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: BtrFS as default fs?
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 07:28:45 +0200
"rumor and armchair" perceptions are exactly what we have to overcome. If
everyone thinks it's "unstable", whether true or not, and we announce
"openSUSE 13.1 has Btrfs as default" we will have a big perception problem
and for better or worse "perception is reality."

We have time to sort things out. According to this
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2013-09/msg00084.html
openSUSE will not have BTFS as default in 13.1 regardless - it is way
too late in the release cycle to be setting an untested/new default
filesystem.

We have until 13.2 to sort out the available/used features, stability,
perception, and the lingering usability bugs.

C.
--
openSUSE 12.3 x86_64, KDE 4.11