[opensuse-factory] Re: BtrFS as default fs?
Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
On 09/03/2013 03:04 PM, Jeff Mahoney pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
So, I'd like to propose that we use btrfs as the default file system for the 13.1 release before we release the first beta.

OK, I was not aware of this. I just hate to see an "experimental" filesystem made the default. I also don't want to see the debacle that we saw with making KDE4 the default when it was clearly alpha at best.
====
Making a file system that is "experimental" be the defaults seems
incredibly risky. Has anyone done any file system benchmarks comparing
it against other file systems (I haven't seen any).

Going with a file system that hasn't been been tuned, or hasn't been
compared against existing FS's, seems to be a serious case of leaping
before looking.