Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-kernel] BtrFS as default fs?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 01:04:32 +0200 (CEST)

El 2013-09-03 a las 13:26 -0400, Jeff Mahoney escribió:

Your approach is favoring the experienced user over the inexperienced
user, which can be reasonable especially if that's where we want to
focus as a project. But it's dangerous when you also suggest a
completely unintuitive method of informing the user. Nobody checks the

That's why I think an automated approach during upgrade and a yast
checkbox to allow unsupported features is the way to go. Experienced
users still get the full feature set to play with. Users with existing
file systems with immature features enabled get to continue using
them[1]. Inexperienced users get a reasonable picture of what is
considered mature and what isn't and enjoy better data safety as a result.

I agree.

- -- Cheers
Carlos E. R.

(from 11.4, with Evergreen, x86_64 "Celadon" (Minas Tirith))

< Previous Next >