Re: [opensuse-factory] What is the recommended procedure for suspending ?
On 06/09/2013 01:51 PM, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
because the built-in support in the kernel is very limited. So for
anything advanced (compression, encryption, multithreaded hibernate) you
need suspend.

To be honest, the kernel knows and does lzma image compression.

Funny is that userspace doesn't count with that and won't allow to
hibernate if we don't have enough swap space. Crap. (I haven't had
enough time to investigate and report to the culprit yet.)

The rest is true, indeed.

--
js
suse labs