Re: [opensuse-factory] Hibernation/suspend with systemd - documented? Where?
  • From: Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 11:19:06 +0200

On 2013-06-06 23:50, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 06/06/13 17:43, Carlos E. R. escribió:

Hrmmm.. suspend is a irreversible task.. cannot end with
"dependency failure" ...(unless you are reporting on
opensuse-factory but using 12.3 systemd in which case it can
happen, they were made irreversible in systemd 198)

Suspend to ram works, if pm-utils is installed, when called from
command line (pm-suspend). From the XFCE menu it is ignored. From
systemd... I have forgotten. I should have taken notes on a paper.

If pm-utils is not installed, then XFCE menu is disabled. From command
line "systemctl suspend" gets the dependency error failure message.
pm-suspend... where is it... I don't remember.

I just fixed xfce-session , SR #177948 so it now understands
suspend/resume via systemd... neeeeext.!

This is an example of how our packaging policy of adding proper
changelog entries is a good idea, that is it forces the packager
to read the list of changes. This release adds support for
shutdown/reboot via systemd as an alternative to consolekit,
suspend/hibernate is still done via upower as before.
--
Guido Berhoerster