Re: [opensuse-factory] Upgrading openSUSE 12.3 to Tumbleweed
  • From: Luiz Fernando Ranghetti <elchevive68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 11:47:17 -0300
[...]Does this make sense so far? After the updates, /etc/SuSE-release still
says "openSUSE 12.3" and not Tumbleweed, in the Grub2 screen I also
still see openSUSE 12.3. Does this not change to "Tumbleweed"?[...]

Tumbleweed is not (yet) a separate distro, or some other thing, is
just a repository for the latest openSUSE released, which now is 12.3
and in some months,will be 13.1. It's more like the update repository
with version updates allowed, just this, nothing more.

Regards,

Luiz