Re: [opensuse-factory] segfault on zypper dup completion
On 2012/08/31 18:11 (GMT+0800) David Chang composed:

Felix Miata:

Fixed restrictive permissions inherited from /var/log/ not noticed in
migrating files to web server.

I did not see the segfault message from the log.
Does it belongs to the issue machine? (host t2240?)

http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/SUSE/Factory/lspci-nvv-gx150-122.txt
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/SUSE/Factory/messages-gx150-122.txt

http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/SUSE/Factory/lspci-nvv-t2240-122.txt
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/SUSE/Factory/messages-t2240-122.txt

Without a reliable recreate scenario I usually don't file a bug, discussing
here if necessary until that does happen, if it happens. I don't yet know
whether this might be bash, zypper/libzypp, kernel, or something else.

As per the call trace message :
[ 475.004049] NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0 (e100): transmit queue 0 timed out
it looks probably relative to net device.

Both machines use e100. CMOS battery was dead in tt2240. I just changed it.

But the last message:
[ 4875.923898] zypper[2291]: segfault at 0 ip 08140fd8 sp bfcdcd80
error 4 in zypper[8048000+151000]
not sure what happen with zypper.

It looks to me like /var/log/messages is not capturing everything that it should. Maybe it's related to zypper/rpm mishandling immutable /etc/fonts/suse-post=user.conf trying to update fontconfig or immutable /boot/message or /etc/adjtime from whatever packages are trying to change them?

Do you still encounter this issue?

Each machine did this exactly once only that I ever noticed. I've not seen it on my other 10 or so 12.2 machines.

It would be good, if we can get the whole message log. Thanks!

Above links to each machine go back more than two months.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/