Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-kernel] Tumbleweed kernel changes to help upstream development
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 07:10:34AM +0200, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 28.08.2012 07:05, schrieb Greg KH:
So, for the next kernel release, I'm thinking of switching the kernel in
Tumbleweed over to 3.6 at the -rc5 timeframe. Does anyone strongly
object to this happening?

I do not strongly object (I do not use TW atm anyway) but I have a question:
Where do you draw the line?

It's up to the maintainer of the package and a discussion with the
Tumbleweed developers, don't you think?

For example Firefox in its beta phase would be another candidate. I do
not propose to do it. I do not even submit beta versions to Factory
usually since I maintain a special OBS project for that purpose.

Then I wouldn't suggest doing it for Firefox :)

greg k-h