Re: [opensuse-factory] Current status of centrino 1030 on iwlwifi
  • From: Hernan Thiers <hernanthiers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 19:29:15 -0400
2012/8/26 Ricardo Chung <amon0.thoth1@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Wednesday, August 22, 2012 12:43:32 PM Hernan Thiers wrote:
Hi there guys.

Since about three weeks I have been fighting against this wireless
adapter to work well on 12.2 RC2. Of course I have tried all published
solutions such as the power management and the N feature related one.

Searching more deeply over the net I have found that latest kernel
version should have fixed this, to be exactly since 3.4.4. The point
is that RC2 is working with 3.4.6 if I'm not wrong but my 1030 is
almost unusable. It's loaded with the iwlwifi module.

Is this problem known in current openSUSE 12.2 development?

Best regards.
--
Hernan

Hi Hernan

Just to isolate your issues.

Could you please describe your Centrino N-1030 specific issue? It is unable to
turn it on? It is unable to connect to access point? It is unable to retain
the AP connection between boots?

Could you tell us if Intel Centrino Wireless N-1030 has ever worked before
with another kernel or older operating system than RC 2?

What was the last wireless driver did work with?

It is an intermitent or consistent issue?

Regards,
--
Ricardo Chung | Panama
Linux and FOSS Ambassador

Thanks by your answer Ricardo.

This is the first time I try this adapter and it was with 12.2 RC2
only. As I found that it's a known problem which comes from older
kernel versions I didn't want to try with 12.1.

The problem is that it connects with a bandwidth of 1Mb while my old
laptop (using 12.1) on same place connects with almost 50mb. I have
tried setting its power management off, disabling the Bluetooth device
and disabling the n11 feature. No matter some people have solved the
same issue I can't make it work properly. There's someone else who
have tried with many other distributions with no success. In fact I
have had to set my work environment on windows since I can't make
Linux work on this HP laptop.

Now I'm just waiting for a kernel update...
--
Hernán Thiers Garcia
Ingeniero Informático