Re: [opensuse-factory] RC2: what's the difference between factory and RC2?
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 04:00:36 +0100
Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 19/08/12 01:47, Thomas Taylor wrote:
On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 22:28:29 +0200

zypper dup from factory shows OS 12.3 not 13.1 on my system (as of
8/18/12). As usual Nvidia support broken. Even the run file from
Nvidia isn't working.

Tom

NVidia knows about this since 304.30 but haven't fixed it in 304.37.
By and large they fix only API differences for stable kernels.

It's fixed by removing the "NULL" from the brackets in the following
line in nv-acpi.c.

Fix
---
- acpi_os_wait_events_complete(NULL);
+ acpi_os_wait_events_complete();

Regards
Sid.

Hi Sid,
Actually I spoke too soon. The problem turned out to be "usr/bin/Xorg"
not being setuid in "etc/permissions.easy". Once that was setuid the
Nvidia driver (I still use 295.53) worked. I'll have to check out the
newer driver to see if it makes any difference.

Tom

--
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the
world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pine