Re: [opensuse-factory] settings needed to get apache working on a local pc {127.0.0.1}
On Wed, 30 May 2012 15:47:26 +0200, Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Wednesday 30 May 2012 19.42:30 doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to get apache working on a local pc {127.0.0.1} and get
this
message.

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is
either no index document or the directory is read-protected.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
127.0.0.1
Wed May 30 19:08:55 2012
Apache/2.2.22 (Linux/SUSE)

I have this version of Apache installed on Opensuse 12.2 factory

# rpm -qa | grep -i apache | sort
apache2-2.2.22-2.3.x86_64
apache2-mod_php5-5.3.10-1.3.x86_64
apache2-prefork-2.2.22-2.3.x86_64
apache2-utils-2.2.22-2.3.x86_64

Questions:
- Which directory should this index document reside ?
- Is there some documentation on how to get apache working, have you
got
link to it ?

Thanks Glenn

Are you sure you're not trying to access it by ::1 ?

By default on openSUSE /srv/www/htdocs/ should contain a index.html

Hello,
I have the following files and rpm installed along with these settings.
What apache.rpm has the index.html file in it , because I do not see a
index.html in /srv/www/htdocs/
Thanks Glenn

# ll /srv/www/htdocs/
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 208 Jul 3 21:34 gif
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2356 Feb 18 12:22 info2html.css

--rpm installed
# rpm -qa | grep -i apache | sort
apache2-2.2.22-4.1.1.x86_64
apache2-mod_php5-5.3.13-2.1.1.x86_64
apache2-prefork-2.2.22-4.1.1.x86_64
apache2-utils-2.2.22-4.1.1.x86_64

Settings as follows:
# service mysql start
redirecting to systemctl

# service apache2 start
redirecting to systemctl

# service snmpd start
redirecting to systemctl

# chkconfig -a mysql

Note: This output shows SysV services only and does not include native
systemd services. SysV configuration data might be overridden by native
systemd configuration.

mysql 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:on 4:off 5:on 6:off

# chkconfig -a apache2
insserv: Note: sysvinit service apache2 is shadowed by systemd
apache2.service,
Forwarding request to '/bin/systemctl --no-reload --root / enable
apache2.service'.
ln -s '///lib/systemd/system/apache2.service'
'///etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/apache2.service'
insserv: Forward service request to systemctl returned error status : 256

Note: This output shows SysV services only and does not include native
systemd services. SysV configuration data might be overridden by native
systemd configuration.

apache2 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:on 4:off 5:on 6:off

# chkconfig -a snmpd

Note: This output shows SysV services only and does not include native
systemd services. SysV configuration data might be overridden by native
systemd configuration.

snmpd 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:off 5:on 6:off