Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed 12.1 - lost "Power Management Service"
* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-28-12 16:20]:

opened systemsettings to adjust "Energy Savings" because my monitor was
not shutting down the backlight in the screen saver.

I see:

"Power Management configuration module could not be loaded. The Power
Management Service appears not to be runnint. This can be solved by
starting or scheduling it inside 'Startup and Shutdown'"

When opening "Startup and Shutdown", "Service Manager" group is not
available. I get err msg: "Unable to contact KDED" and grayed-out options
which are not selectable. All "Load-on-Demand Services" and "Startup
Services" status is "Not Running".

openSUSE 12.1-> Tumbleweed
x86_64
nvidia 295.59
kdelibs4-4.8.4-7.4.x86_64
kernel-desktop-3.4.3-30.1.x86_64

ps: My appologies for hijacking, corrected.

and: my screen saver is now blanking completely but I still have no
access to "Power Management" via systemsettings and no idea which app or
cl options perform same function ????

tks,