Re: [opensuse-factory] Build cycles versus rebuild="local"
On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 01:27:26PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 27.06.2012 13:22, Richard Guenther wrote:

Well - we do have another rather big cycle already - you can view it
inside Base:build. It's the cycle that contains GCC. Obviously
there is some existing magic in obs or the project configs that
ignore selected edges in the build dependency graph ... why not
add appropriate java-cycle-edges here?

I don't know about cycle-edge cutting. Do you talk about the Support
directive in Factory prjconf? I won't say that's applicable for
java/maven/eclise/...

(oh yes, Base:build uses rebuild=local - so much better than to
never finish building ... ;))

Aehm, you say yourself that cycles never finish building - so I don't
understand your first suggestion.

OBS simply breaks cycles, but still compiles packages from cycles
more often than packages in a dependency chain. I already said, that
I ignore java cycles as I know how hard they are to break - and as
long as they are not in the chain to libreoffice, I don't mind too much.
tomcat and netbeans can turn around forever, they will never beak
libreoffice :)

I was thinking about build openjdk dependencies via openjdk itself and
drop gcc-java completelly, but that's probably not what you wanted, so
I won't touch on it.

But ... knowing the fact Java cycles can and will be ignored helps me
a lot. I've already changed the strategy to rebuild="local" in
Java:packages and Java:openjdk6:Factory (with an exception of
openSUSE_Factory repo) to save the build power and will work on packaging
stuff again.

Regards
Michal Vyskocil
< Previous Next >