Re: [opensuse-factory] repository priorities with Tumbleweed
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 12:52:55PM +0200, Thomas Langkamp wrote:
Hi,
what is the current suggestion of Greg KH to repository priorities
running Tumbleweed?
In the early days he suggested flat ones, over time more and more
users reported (in forums) that a higher one for Tumbleweed (or even
a complicated priority-hierarchy) works better.

I ask because I believe that my KDE "ksmserver wont start" error of
this morning might be related to this. It appeared after zypper dup
this morning (64 bit Intel Core2Quad) and won´t let KDE start.

Why is this a Tumbleweed repo priority issue? It's probably just a
general "the kde repo is borked" issue which I've been fighting for the
past few weeks :(

So I gave Tumbleweed a higher priority, but that did not help. Maybe
I am doing something wrong? But even if my problem has nothing to do
with the priorities, please think about my request:

- add info on how to handle priorities on the SDB:Tumbleweed

Do not do so.

- Or even better: Add an automatism to zypper/yast that
automagically sets the "right" priorities, while advanced users are
still able to customize it

The "right" one for Tumbleweed is to not do it :)

As you point out, changing the priority of Tumbleweed does not solve
your problem, so I am very confused as to why you would think that this
is even an issue here at all.

greg k-h