Re: [opensuse-factory] HALLO - ANYBODY OUT THERE? [WAS About the Live CDs (PLEASE READ)]
On 17/06/12 00:14, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 22:04 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
This, of course, is always a possibility but one has to remember that
am certain that we are talking here about releasing LIVE CDs for the
Milestones and Betas and RCs and not the final release. When it comes
a final release, the 4.3GB DVD then someone who wants such a DVD
would
order it from a supplier like DistroWatch, for example, or download
the
DVD if they have the broadband and enough time and quota to be able
do so.
Or order a batch of our PromoDVDs and distribute them locally at FOSS
events or universities, etc. See http://software.opensuse.org/PromoDVD

The DVD is a double-sided DVD with 32-bit on one side and 64-bit on the
other side and contains a promodvd image (not quite as complete as the
full DVD image you can download), and live CD images for KDE and GNOME.

Bryen

Now that's interesting. Thanks for this information, Bryen.

However, is this 'service' available all over the world and how long would it take to obtain such DVDs in, say, Australia?

But then, such a DVD is not a compete as the full DVD image of the the distro. Why not? Isn't it false economy to produce a DVD which is "1 short of a six-pack" for the same cost as a DVD with the complete distro version?

I have copies of such DVDs (32-bit on one side, 64-bit on the other) which I bought when S.u.S.E. was S.u.S.E.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.1 x86_64 KDE 4.8.4 and kernel 3.4.3 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor