Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: Beta2
  • From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 23:25:49 -0700
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:23 PM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
<znmeb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm planning to jump on the downloads as soon as they're available.
Tentative test schedule:

1. Build a VM of the 64-bit KDE LiveCD / install to hard drive with
both KVM and VirtualBox. See if KDE is still sending me to the KDE bug
tracker.
2. Upgrade 12.1 partition on old 64-bit / NVidia workstation to 12.2
beta2. Is the upgrade process "eligible for bug filing?" If not, I'll
do a re-install.
3. Update the repositories and test everything in
https://github.com/znmeb/Computational-Journalism-Server/tree/master/WorkstationInstallScripts

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb Computational Journalism Server
http://j.mp/compjournoserver

Data is the new coal - abundant, dirty and difficult to mine.

So far things are looking pretty good. The KDE LiveCD booted and
installed flawlessly in a KVM virtual machine without sending me to
the KDE bug tracker when I changed the date and time formats. That's a
big win! Upgrade of a 12.1 via booting the DVD ISO from a USB stick
also worked without a hitch.

I couldn't find the "Network" installer. That's not a big deal - it's
so slow I rarely use it.