  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:42:35 +0100
I don't have numbers, but I think Debian has the most packages in a
release, followed by Fedora, followed by openSUSE. The number of
packages matters for estimating effort and hardware resources
required.

Number of packages is irrelevant because Debian and Ubuntu do a lot of
retarded splitting; For example, I can split a package in 4
sub-packages, and eventually Debian would split it in 6/7 packages for
the same software...

So in the end... We probably have more packages. From 11.4 onwards,
every release, openSUSE grows between 700 to 800 source packages ;)
We're growing way to fast...