Re: [opensuse-factory] preliminary release notes update for 12.2
On 16/06/12 22:25, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2012-06-16 10:33, Basil Chupin wrote:

I am of the cautious type. Not paranoid, just cautious :-) .
When you setup a site with a certificate, you can go to a veritable
certificate agency and buy one, for good money. Then it will work
straight in any browser.

Or you can buy it from a cheaper agency - but it may happen that the said
agency does not have its master certificate installed in all browsers:

[.......]

Why the Spanish agency (FNMT) certificate is not included in FF list? No
idea, perhaps because they did not bother to ask, perhaps because it is
valid for Spain only...

I am getting the feeling that what you are trying to imply is that Firefox has some sort of a list of certificates installed as part of FF itself. It doesn't.

Just like NoScript, AdBlock, etc. this side of security is controlled by an Extension called PERSPECTIVES which contains a database of sites which are considered "safe".

<Shrugs shoulders> I don't know who is supposed to contact who to get their name on the "safe site" list - but at the moment Perspectives shows me that the site is unsafe :-) .

(Last week I had some e-mails rejected as undeliverable because in one case my message was blocked because it was considered as spam by some idiot system in America, and the other because AT&T was blocking traffic from my ISP's domain address.

The above may very well be along the same lines - bureaucracy gone mad :-) .)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.1 x86_64 KDE 4.8.3 and kernel 3.4.2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor