Re: [opensuse-factory] HALLO - ANYBODY OUT THERE? [WAS About the Live CDs (PLEASE READ)]
On 15/06/12 00:59, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

6 days ago I wrote:

/quote

Re the medium to use.

The use of USB sticks is really not something to be seriously
considered. Not everyone has the ability to use this medium.
I did see that, but I couldn't imagine who it is that cannot boot from a
USB stick? �I actually have some elderly systems that can't, but those
are the exception and they're quite close to ending up on ebay.

I mean, even my Philips picture frame has a USB socket, if it would run
Linux I'm sure it could boot from USB too :-)

I totally disagree based on real world experience.

Having a usb port does not mean usb booting is supported.

Greg

Exactly.

(One tries to explain oneself as much as possible but it is never possible to always cover all eventualities of what people may know or may not know about something. Say too little and later you have to say more and explain; say too much and you are telling someone how to suck eggs :-) . It's a tuff balancing act! :-) ,)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.1 x86_64 KDE 4.8.3 and kernel 3.4.2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor