Re: [opensuse-factory] HALLO - ANYBODY OUT THERE? [WAS About the Live CDs (PLEASE READ)]
On 15/06/12 00:51, Per Jessen wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:

6 days ago I wrote:

/quote

Re the medium to use.

The use of USB sticks is really not something to be seriously
considered. Not everyone has the ability to use this medium.
I did see that, but I couldn't imagine who it is that cannot boot from a
USB stick? I actually have some elderly systems that can't, but those
are the exception and they're quite close to ending up on ebay.

I mean, even my Philips picture frame has a USB socket, if it would run
Linux I'm sure it could boot from USB too :-)

Yes, I should have been a bit more expansive in what I stated.

I have 2 computers which are capable of using USB devices - but none are able to boot from USB devices because the BIOS does not have this feature.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.1 x86_64 KDE 4.8.3 and kernel 3.4.2 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor