  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 21:46:39 +0200
Jan Engelhardt wrote:

In http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2012-06/msg00618.html :

a gcc update would be useful, this probably has to happen very early
in the cycle (right after the release).

It looks like this proposal has potential, but I wonder and ponder.

I went on to compare the development schedules of a few groups.
Because I could not find the freeze dates for older openSUSE anymore
(why remove them from the detailed view?), I took RC1 as freeze point.

#Group Ratio days between merge-phase and frozen-phase
#
openSUSE_11.4 7.50 210/28(RC1)
openSUSE_12.1 8.62 224/26(RC1)
openSUSE_12.2 7.78 210/27(RC1) (prerel-freeze: 6.18, 204/33)
Debian_4 4.73 553/117
Debian_5 2.34 476/203
Debian_6 2.91 536/184
Fedora_17 1.22 111/91
Fedora_16 1.67 105/63
Fedora_15 1.06 104/98

And now for the winners:

Linux_3.4 0.24 12/50
Linux_3.3 0.25 15/59
Linux_3.2 0.24 14/58

My interpretation: there is not enough testing going on in openSUSE.

Yeah, some stuff (iscsi for instance) isn't being tested at all.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.2°C)