Re: [opensuse-factory] inappropriate hard dependancies on mail?
On 2012/06/13 22:02 (GMT+0200) Carlos E. R. composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

Can it not be (a) bug(s) that so much requires mail be installed?

mail things are a requirement of any Linux systems since ever.

Installed by default, yes. Hard dependency I find very hard to believe. With only postfix installed on any of my systems, and not running on any of them

postfix 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off

I've yet to notice any complaints from the listed X packages in my OP that mail is not available, much less from anything that might _logically_ require system mail to fully function normally.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/