Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumblweed and GNOME 3.4.1
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 08:55:59PM +0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Tuesday 12 June 2012 11:59:29 Greg KH wrote:
I now have GNOME 3.4.1 running in Tumbleweed, but wow, it's tough to get
installed due to some odd dependancies. Because of that, I don't feel
comfortable moving it to the "main" openSUSE:Tumbleweed repo at this
point in time (it's in openSUSE:Tumbleweed:Testing if anyone wants to
play with it.)

But, I'm sure that people do want to use it, so, any thoughts on what to
do? Just wait for 12.2 for users to be able to pick this up? Or beat
on the dependancy tree some more to try to make it easier to upgrade?

If, as you suggest, it's an issue with the GNOME dependencies, it'd be great
if the GNOME folks could fix it - I depend on Tumbleweed to give me the
greatest GNOME Shell too :D

I'm redoing the repo at the moment, moving it back to
openSUSE:Tumbleweed:GNOME, and will work with the GNOME developers to
get the kinks worked out before pushing it to the "real" tumbleweed
repo.

As it is, even after getting it installed, there were some "bumps" in
the daily workings, so things need to be smoothed out before I feel
confident to let it loose on the world.

So, some patience please :)

thanks,

greg k-h