  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 23:39:53 +0100
If we're moving to 1 GB LiveUSB images, can we also cut the "DVD"
image down so it will fit on a 4 GB stick? Get rid of infrequently
used things and just provide all the desktops and desktop apps. If
someone wants a server there are dozens of ways to get there.

DVD is most likely the nicest media to share on events and specially
in places/people which don't have broadband. I don't believe it should
be touched.

I'm against spending the extra effort on LXDE and XFCE "respins". I
honestly don't understand why Fedora and Ubuntu do them. It's so easy

A good way to honor those who commit hundreds of hours of their free
time doing stuff for openSUSE.
We all gotta vote +1... the faster we stop this openSUSE spreading
decease the better... I'll hold the crowd with the pitch forks and
torches with my MG42 but need a second person to keep it fed :)

to get an LXDE or XFCE desktop from the NET install, the "DVD" or from
SUSE Studio. If you really want a minimalist install media, make an
IceWM / Minimal X LiveCD without even a browser or media player. I
just built one in SUSE Studio and it's 220 MB - it should fit on a
MiniCD and could replace the Network install CD, I think.

An umbrella please... * shout * _"Someone turn that fuc$%%& fan off NOW!"